TWILIGHT WHACKERS NEWSLETTER
Monday, May 21, 2007
Our next game is in one week May 28th on Raceview
No Games are scheduled this holiday Monday
Upcoming Events: (free advertising for your event!)
- Group Lessons have started and will be held each Thursday at 6:30 pm at the Falconridge Driving Range and run for the summer. The cost is only $10 per week (pay as you go) which includes a large bucket of balls. Everyone is welcome. Bring out your spouse or a friend as well. If you have not already done so, please advise by email if you intend to participate in this years lessons. Colin Orr from the OAC will again be our CPGA instructor. The response has been so great this year that Colin will bring in a second professional to help with the group lessons each week. Greg Ward from Manderley helped out last week.
- Ken Warner is organizing the Christopher Cookie Thompson Memorial Golf Tournament. It will be held on Saturday June 9, 2007 at the Anderson Links and the Cloverdale Links. Tee off Times are at 10:30 am on Anderson and 11:00 am on Cloverdale. The cost is $100 for Golf and Meal or $40 for the Meal only. (Choice of Steak Dinner or Chicken Dinner) Please contact Ken Warner at 613-774-6392 or email@example.com for more details or to enter. Registration and payment are due by May 25, 2007. Make your cheque payable to: Chris Thompson Foundation.
- Our annual tournament and closing banquet date will be held on September 15 starting at 11:30 am on Falconridge. It will be using an 18 hole scramble format. Please mark that date on your calendar. Please advise if that date is not good for you.
Our Treasurer Dave Mitchell, will give a $50 gift certificate to the first person who Switches their Mortgage to his branch of Scotiabank or refers someone who does. Dave can be reached at (613) 591-2007 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. His Scotiabank office is located at the corner of Terry Fox and Campeau, near Scotiabank Place at, 8100 Campeau Dr. Kanata, Ont. K2T 1B7
Housekeeping: (The club has asked us to advise every one of the following)
1) All players must sign in at the Pro Shop before Teeing Off.
2) If you are staying for supper, please pay for your $10 meal ticket at the same time as you sign in.
3) If you are not going to be staying for supper on a given Monday, please contact the club at (613) 822-6742 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon each Monday.
4) It’s assumed that you will be staying for supper if you didn’t phone or email the club by noon on Monday to state otherwise.
5) Suggestions are always welcome!
6) Next week we will be having Shish-kabobs & Rice for supper. Please plan on staying for supper and mingling with your fellow golfers. You have to agree, the food is amazing this year!
7) Please try to arrive at the club in advance of your scheduled T Time and be prepared to go off earlier if other groups are running late.
Your team standings will be posted each week in the clubhouse on the bulletin board beside the TV. Please ensure you hand in your scorecards at the bar each week and write down the first and last name of each player so that Joey can read it. The scoring system we are using is 1 point for a bogey, 2 points for a par, 3 points for a birdie and 4 points for an eagle.
League Dues: The second half dues are due on Monday, June 18th. (week # 8) Please pay Stephanie at the cash when you check in if you have not already done so. The first and second instalments are $179 each. ($144 green fee plus $35 league fee)
Tournament: Our annual tournament and closing banquet date will be held on September 15 starting at 11:30 am on Falconridge. It will be using an 18 hole scramble format. Please mark that date on your calendar.
League Perks: Don't forget that as a league member, you are entitled to a large bucket of range balls each Monday. If you don't have time to warm up before your game, ask for a free bucket of balls coupon when you check in and come back another time to practice. Golf carts on league nights are $12 per cart. We’ll also receive a 20% discount on all pro shop items (except clubs) on Monday nights. So why not wait to make your golf purchases at the club on Monday nights and help our club grow. And of course it's a perk to be served by Stephanie and the Ladies of Raceview!
Golf Etiquette: Please make an extra effort to fix your pitch marks on the greens. It’s a good practice to fix your ball mark and at least one more, even if it wasn’t yours. Please leave the course in better shape than when you started. Ball mark repair tools are available free of charge at the club house if you need one. Please waive faster groups through to keep things moving, especially if you have a clear hole in front of you. Remember that Range Balls are only to be used on the driving range. Keep all carts away from greens, tees and bunkers.
League Rules: (to speed up play)
The penalty for “Out of Bounds” or a "Lost Ball" during league play is 1 stroke only, not stroke and distance. Just drop a ball within 2 club lengths of where your ball last crossed the fairway and play away. The maximum score on a hole is double par. If you reach that number, please pick up your ball. Remember for team scoring purposes, you don’t get any points for scores over bogey, so you can pick up your ball and mark a double bogey, especially if you can see that other groups are waiting for you to play. Limit time looking for lost golf balls to 1 minute maximum. You can use the red tees if you prefer at any time. This includes the long drive and closest to the pin holes as well.
Spare Policy: If you can't golf on a given Monday, please arrange for a spare to come out. Your spare will pay you directly because you have already prepaid for the round. Please advise your spare to check in at the pro shop to pay for their dinner before teeing off. If they can't make dinner, the clubhouse should be advised (at 822-6742) by Monday at noon so they can budget the proper amount of food for the night. If you know of anyone who would like to be added to the spares list or play regularly please email Dave Mitchell or any of your executive.
Spares List: (please advise if you would like your name added to the list)
Tony Mitchelson - tonymitch@Juno.com h 526-8669
Art Richardson - email@example.com h 824-1158, c 722-5922
John Stairs - firstname.lastname@example.org w 991-9911, h 249-9622, c 266-2490,
Tony Silveira - email@example.com c 866-3237, h 822-2674, w 731-1550 x2268
Steve Young - firstname.lastname@example.org h 270-0230, c 614-8317,
Ron Geroux - email@example.com c 791-8456
Ron Cuirrier - firstname.lastname@example.org h 526-1015, c 866-6614
Bruce Coffin - email@example.com 613-599-5183(H), 613-521-9626(W)
Bernie Bedard - firstname.lastname@example.org w(613)782-0222, h (613)741-4938, c(613)850-9151
Rick Stappert - Rick.Stappert@cic.gc.ca (h) 747-3551, (w) 957-5812
Frank D’Angelo - email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
(h) 613-729-3443 (w) 613-231-0319
Please patronize our Sponsors:
Please take note of our sponsors listed below and please call them if you need any of their services. If you would like to sponsor a night for the “Longest Drive” and “Closest to the Pin” competition, please contact Stephanie or one of your executive.
Scotiabank - Dave Mitchell – (613)591-2007, email@example.com , Terry Fox and Campeau Branch, 8100 Campeau Dr. Kanata, Ont. K2T 1B7 - Dave will give you a $50 gift certificate if you Switch Your Mortgage to his branch of Scotiabank or refers someone who does.
Bear Creek Custom Clubs - Kim Suitor - (613) 253-2582 - Certified Rifle Centre (www.riflecenter.com) and ACCRA Shaft Distributor (www.accra.com). Dynamic Lie/Loft Adjusting, Custom Fitted Clubs, Re-Shafting, Re-Gripping, Repairs. firstname.lastname@example.org. 816-9th Line Rd. Carleton Place ON. K7C 3P2
Montana's - South Keys
Outback – South Keys
Ottawa Athletic Club - Colin Orr – (613)523-1540 - email@example.com
Give Colin a call for a Golf Lesson at Falconridge.
B&B Drywall - Stino Bueti - Cell (613)223-7893 or (613)821-9822, firstname.lastname@example.org , 6933 Twin Lakes Avenue, Greely, Ont. K4P 1P1
CAR-O-PRACTOR - Dan Prezeau - (613)838-2184, email@example.com , 5949 Ottawa St. Richmond, Ont. K0A 2Z0
Doug’s Truck and Automotive, NAPA Manotick - Ken Warner - (613)692-3537, firstname.lastname@example.org - 1142 Clapp Lane, Manotick, Ont. K4M 1A5
Teledyne Controls Simulation Limited - Steve Roberts - (613)749-6980, email@example.com
Royal Oak - 1217 Wellington, Ottawa, Ont. K1Y 2Z8 - (613)728-6661
Falconridge Golf Club - (613)822-6742, http://www.falconridgegolf.ca - 4740 High Rd. Gloucester, Ont. K1X 1B3
Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Steve Spratt at email@example.com
President - Ken Warner (613)692-3537 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary / Treasurer - Dave Mitchell (613)591-2007 - email@example.com
Director - Dan Prezeau (613)838-2184 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Director - George Mitchell (613)990-2459 - email@example.com
Director - Joey Barrett (613)759-6540 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please advise if you know of anyone that would like to join our league as a regular member or a spare. If you have any suggestions or comments for the league, please email any of your executive, Stephanie or Steve Spratt.
Thank you for your commitment to the league and have a great week!